Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bionic Eye


In my Com 435 class, I wrote a critical paper about the "Bionic Eye." The Bionic I will allow you to have infer red vision, zoom in and out, get information about places and things that you are currently looking at, create virtual cross-hairs and holographic driving panels, it also allows you to surf the web and play video games. Basically it's like an iPhone, but instead of using a touch screen you are using your eyes....Oh yeah, it also gives sight to the blind. What I wrote about in my paper is the use of identity with cyborgs. Cyborgs can change how we as humans label ourselves, it can change how we think and do things, and could change our identity. All of which is a scary thought. Here is a video about how the bionic eye gives vision to the vision impaired. Giving the blind sight is what the bionic eye is used for now, but soon, all the capabilities that I've listed above will be available for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment